Sunday, September 12, 2010

GACKT at the Premiere of Bunraku

No witty intro just straight to the goods. Here is video of GACKT at the World premiere of Bunraku. He talked about what drew him to the role & what it was like working with American actors.



As requested here is a transcript Thanks to Youtube user DocObsidian:

Q – What attracted you to the role? GACKT?

(crowd laughter)

A – Two years ago… three years ago… (This film crew) showed up (laughs) and er, we talked about this movie for over ten hours. It was a small role (?) (laughs) I, er (crowd laughs), yes, (laughs) and then I very happy and lucky. This was three years ago. He is a genius (applause and cheering).

And er, I want to thank the actors for they are great people. (crowd awww and applaud)

Q – (audience member) This is a question for GACKT. I just wanna know, basically, what’s it like working with an American cast as opposed to a Japanese cast like in Moonchild? And do you ever plan on touring here? (laughter)

A – I feel, er, that our schedule, our schedule was very hard. When I was scheduled I was waking up at 5 and I slept at 3. For two hours! But, you know, they’re, they’re always smiling. I didn’t… I couldn’t (laughter)

Why they could smile every time, you know, they’re… You know… I can feel that they’re, they’re always enjoying their life. It is, it is different for them to, er, succeed and I don’t know… It is kind of difficult to explain but, er, they’re always pushing me and er, it was very good and it was very good learning experi, experience for me.

And I could feel their powerfulness?. Japanese actors more strict and they are always, they are of course acting with the, with no smile. (laughter). I love this smile.

Bunraku screening times:
Tuesday, Sept. 14. 10:15pm Scotiabank Theatre 2
Friday, Sept. 17. 5:00pm Scotiabank Theatre 2

Tickets can be purchased at the official TIFF site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...