Saturday, May 19, 2012

Nearing End of Hiatus + Future Plans

Hey all,

Thank you for checking up on my blog and goings on despite my recent inactivity. I just wanted to say that I will be returning from hiatus in about 2 weeks time, and am looking forward to updating the blog with new pieces.

I will also be taking up a full time position at Bloody Elbow, which will mean a great deal more exposure for me and my work. I'm incredibly happy that Nate Wilcox and the team at BE are so keen to have me aboard.

In addition to my diving into the world of professional fight journalism (at last), there will be other improvements coming to this site and other projects outside of it including:


  • Publishing the third installment of the Southpaw Guide here on Fights Gone By - because it's taken a damn long time coming and I must apologize for that!
  • The writing of Jack Slack's "Guide to Angles" or "Angles in Striking" (haven't decided on the title, layout or complete contents yet!).
  • Format and release the other two parts of Advanced Striking on Kindle as Advanced Kickboxing and Advanced MMA Striking.
  • The release of a Kindle exclusive book striking fundamentals and principles for a super low price. (Ideally I would like to write a book that anyone can buy for a couple of pounds and immediately learn some effective angles and counters, will probably also include a self defense section).
  • On a personal note I will also be upping the intensity of my training this year, in preparation for a second stint in Tokyo at the Japan Karate Association. Possibly by way of Cuba to improve my boxing technique and coaching, or Singapore, to improve my Muay Thai at Evolve MMA.
  • I will also be available for seminars on my techniques and concepts, and for technical queries which will be answered in Jack Slack's Troubleshooting (click Contact Jack to get in touch)
  • There is also the possibility of launching a "Gracie Breakdown" style podcast following major MMA, Boxing or Kickboxing events, focusing exclusively on striking.
I hope that you're all well, and I must thank you all again for your continuing support. Come June all of these ideas will be in motion, and I promise that the MMA blog-o-sphere will be saturated with informative content!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...